Transportation in Boston made easy!
To those traveling from near or from far, via plane, train, or automobile… This is something seriously worth reading. Don’t let my username fool you—Some might say that I was once (and, if I’m being honest—still am) directionally challenged. Luckily for me, transportation in Boston isn’t so difficult to utilize, as it turns out. Believe me, it is not something that you’ll get over night. In fact, it has taken me many times to get lost and confused and panicked before I actually became accustomed to traveling around the city via MBTA directions. However, with the right directions to Boston, it can! I have decided to pass on some directions to provide all you fellow travelers some guidance and confidence when in town!
My preference to getting to our Boston location would be using the MBTA (this way you don’t need to worry about FiRE + iCE Boston Parking, crazy traffic, all that gruesome stuff). If this is also your way of choice, do the following:
- Take the Green Line to the Arlington T stop.
- Exit towards Park Plaza and St. James.
- Take a RIGHT onto St. James.
- FiRE+iCE is just one block up on the RIGHT! (The corner of St. James and Berkeley)
But are you too far away to take the T, and unable to take advantage of Boston transportation? Maybe you’re a serious train germaphobe (I don’t blame you). No worries! Driving is a breeze too! If you’re coming from the North or South, do the following:
- From I-93, take exit 26 “Storrow Drive.” Keep left on the ramp for Storrow.
- Continue on Storrow Dr. to the Copley Square exit (second exit, on left side)
- Once off Storrow, take a LEFT at the lights and then an immediate RIGHT onto Arlington St.
- Follow Arlington, straight through 3 lights (the park will be on your left).
- At the 4th light, take a RIGHT onto St. James.
- We are on block up on the RIGHT! (The Corner of St. James and Berkeley).
If you are coming from I-90/Mass Pike, you’ll want to do the following:
- Take the Copley Square/Prudential exit.
- While on the ramp, keep right for Copley Square, exiting onto Stuart Street.
- Keep straight on Stuart until Berkeley St.
- Take a LEFT on Berkeley and we are one block up on the RIGHT! (Corner of St. James and Berkeley)
If you will be coming from Storrow Eastbound (NOT from the highway), do the following:
- Take Storrow East towards Boston
- Take the exit immediately AFTER the Copley Sq. exit (This is the first exit in the underpass and has no name)
- Once off Storrow, take a LEFT at the lights and then an immediate RIGHT onto Arlington Street.
- Follow Arlington straight through 3 lights (the park will be on your left)
- At the 4th light take a RIGHT onto St. James.
- We are one block up on the RIGHT! (Corner of St. James and Berkeley)
NOTE: For those of you driving, there are some FiRE+iCE Boston Parking options. If you want the most bang for your buck, park at the Motor Mart Garage. This will cost you $22 for the day, and it is about a five minute walk from the restaurant. If you’d rather get to the food as fast as possible, then park at the St. James Garage. It’s on the pricier side if you come during the day, but after 5PM it’s only $15 to park there!
Yes, I realize that is a lot to take in. But I promise, when you do it once, it becomes so easy. I suggest bringing a buddy along for the trip, I have found that it calms the panic slightly for those of us lacking the direction savvy gene… Travel safe, and see you soon!